Next Floating Home Tour September 2016
With the theme, “Wonderful Water Colors,” we featured an eclectic blend of twelve homes in the Westlake and Eastlake neighborhoods. As one participant stated
, we “knocked it out of the ball park.”
We could not have a floating home tour without participants willing to open their doors and iconic lifestyle to our community. Immense thanks to those who volunteered their homes for the tour: Kathy Kimball, Anne Helmholz, Tom and Teresa Monahan, Brent Estes and Jen Nilsen, Gerry and Tanya Seligman, Jason Fitschen and Robin Clewley, Sebastian Motte, Phyllis Hatfield, Susy and BJ Wakkuri, Mike and Kris Villiott, Bob and MJ Koenig, and Bob Berman and Lisa Horton. We hope you all had as much fun hosting as our committee had planning.
This year the FHA hosted an evening gathering with drinks and luscious appetizers for the homeowners and committee members the evening before the tour at Sue Jostrom’s home, as a small way to say thank you. We hope to make this a regular part of the tour experience. If we come calling in 2016, I hope you will consider being a part of the FHA mission of “protecting, preserving and promoting the vitality of Seattle’s Floating Homes Community.” The every-two-year tour proceeds keep FHA in business and give us the ability and to continue our mission of preserving our incredible lifestyle.
A trio of chairpersons coordinated the tour: Susan Jostrom, Tricia Rendina, and Joyce Black. Committee members included Courtney Cooper, Laura Lowery, Beata Rycharshi, Melissa and Tim Ahlers, Molly Cartwright, Tom Hesselbrock and and Jann McFarland.
A special thanks to the volunteers. More than 100 people volunteered to help with the tour this year. We could not do this without you.
A HUGE thanks and shout-out to our tour sponsors:
REAL ESTATE BROKERS:
- Melissa Ahlers – Lake Real Estate
- Courtney Cooper and Molly Cartwright – Cooper Jacob Real Estate
- Rick and Joyce Miner – Coldwell Banker Danforth
- Linda and Kevin Bagley – Special Agents Realty
- Enrico Pozzo – Sotheby’s International
- Daniel Schalke and Elaine Eigeman – RE/MAX
- LeAnne Quinn – Windermere
- Pacific Crest Savings Bank – Larry Enselman
- Sound Community Bank – David Raney
- Banner Bank – Pamela Anderson
- Seattle Metropolitan Credit Union – Tina Horne-Gomez and Rocky Lester
- Red Shield Insurance – Mindy Shane
- Boat Insurance – Neal Booth
FLOATING HOME SERVICES
- Flotation Services – Greg Johnston
- Aqua Dive – Amy and James Hicks
- Envirotecture – Eric Hogeboom
- Dunn Lumber – Jim Coshow
- Trend Construction – Juris Mindenbergs
- G. Little Construction – Bob Little
- G and H Printing – Kevin Upton
- Lake Union Mail – Jules James
- Pete’s Wine Shop – George Kingen
FLOATING HOME DOCKS:
- The Log Foundation
- Willow Cove
- Lee’s Moorings
- Mallard Cove
- Fairview Landing
- The Electric Boat Company
- Argosy Cruises
- Ship Canal Bar and Grill
- Eastlake Bar and Grill
- Ivar’s Restaurants
- Captain Geoff Gamsby – Lake Union Charters
- Little Water Cantina
And ENORMOUS thanks to the Lake Union Rowing Club for allowing the use of their facility to dock the electric boats.
The next tour in 2016 is right around the corner! Please let us know if you would like to volunteer your home or your time or any skills you have to help put on this amazing event.